More progress

Posted: November 21, 2016 in bike show, classic bikes, motorcycles, Norton Commando, vintage bikes, Vintage British Bikes

Had a little time for some “garage therapy” this weekend so I figured I’d wrap up some little jobs on the Norton.

Ya gotta hand it to Norton when it comes to Commando clutches. Without trying too hard you can swap out a set of clutch plates in half an hour. Try that on ANY BMW. (bikes made weird)

Anyway, after the new Barnett clutch I adjusted the primary chain after finding a screwy bodge on the adjuster. Easy fix but the only evidence I’ve found of any service (normal or otherwise) on the bike. Then I polished the cover which went easier than expected. A light sanding and about a half hour on the wheel and it looks fantastic.

I used a chromed exhaust plate for an ignition switch mount. Might change it at a later date but it looks pretty good for now.

I also polished the brake caliper and test fit all the parts. I’m not going to add brake fluid until I rebuild the front forks.

All in all, a nice bit of progress.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s